FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Runner-up Professions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Runner-up Professions Reply with quote

In case the title was not clear enough, what would your fursona do for a living if you couldn't use your primary profession?

For example, I knew straight up that you can't go through town killing people, sort of poor form, so to adapt I made Samuel into the resident tailor. But believe it or not, I consider the tailor his primary profession.

If I could go back and change it (not that it's too late for me, but for others it might be) I was thinking of having him run a vineyard.

So, anyone else have a profession that didn't make it, or that they might rather do?
45dragoons

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alvy has a very deep singing voice when a tad tipsy so i would have made him a singer who drinks just a few drinks before he sings..

so a drunk singer.. i guess...
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=139945#139945
Alexandra
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10233
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first wanted to have Constance be Native American instead of British as she is now. My original idea was for her to be some kind of shaman or spiritual women, who was travelling the world in search of knowledge. I pictured her drawn in traditional Native American outfits, with feathers in her hair and such.

I decided against this as I thought that she would look out of place in the comic. It was very important for me to make my fursona fit in as much as possible, both in the comic as well as the whole idea of Bon Bon. I simply couldn't see her making an appearance in the comic looking like that, and I was having trouble coming up with a suitable background story and reason for her to be in Bon Bon. So I started over, and all I decided to keep was actually her species and basic appearance. Everything else was redone. She wouldn't even have been named Constance in the earlier version.

I'm really happy with the change I made. The final version of my fursona is is much more detailed and fleshed out than I think I could ever have doen with the original, and I think that the personality and sexuality suits her much better as well. I also wanted to see her in whatever gorgeous outfit Vanessa would draw, and I think that this more "civilized" version of my fursona is much closer to how I view Bon Bon than the original was.

I still think that Constance would look very lovely dressed in a Native American outfit with feathers in her hair, though. Wink

BTW, running a vineyard sounds like an awesome occupation, Shadow.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
BioRust

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had planned Alex to be a traceur. But he seemed to have a type of theif essance to him. So I made him a sniper.
dragonfly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first job my furson was gonna do was be a weapons shop owner but i scaped that very quickly.

so i made him a entertainer in dangures stunts like sword juggling while blindfolded and sword swallowing but if couldnt do that then he would be a stone sculpture speclizing in makeing statues

my FA http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkcollins/

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

ref pic of link the king cheetah http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7618854/
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Origonally kyle was a bouncer but since every male were there own form of Chuck Norris i changed kyle to a pschiatrist. since it would fit a lot better in town then a bouncer and for some strange reason that didnt work i probly would have made him a Signer.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/
Aaron_Thom
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas would most likely be a farrier. Why? No reason, but my grandfather, In real life, was one once so I think it would be neat.
Profile: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49632&highlight=#49632
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Runai has a multitude of talents that could be used around town. Because he has a vast array of languages at his disposal, he could easily fill in roles like a translator, or be a teacher if Bon Bon has any kind of educational vicinity. More or less Runai is an intellectual with a fair amount of strength that could help him get himself a living wage outside his main profession.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I like the idea of Caroline being a tobacconist, because I used to smoke, and because the name just sounds cool. I have expanded her importing business to include teas, coffees, and I'm thinking now spices too... which'll probably lead to her traveling to exotic places to actually meet the plantation owners she gets her goods from.

Other occupations I was considering for her were:

Rancher, being as that she has traveled in the West a lot, but that would have required a lot of re-scripting.

Green Grocer, being as that's also a kinda neat sounding profession.

Watchmater / Gearmaker... mostly because I always kinda liked the whole weird-science look of clockwork automatons and whatnot.

Dilettante... we don't all have to work for a living Smile

And... I guess that's about it.))
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Merriwether had other options... indeed my first choice would have been a tinker, but we already had a very sexy one. Wink

Beyond that, a wanderlust would still have seized him, and (train) engineer was a possibility. Even archeologist missed him by only a fine line of fate. But I think he fits his role well, and although steamship captain doesn't give him as much time for fun on the job as some of the other trades, he looks very good in his uniform. Wink
Avrie000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avrie could have been an architect or a mason ... the hard part was coming up with a valid Victorian profession that was both unusual and interesting. Obviously no one is going to be a programmer (Sorry Ronald Wink and while there were in fact advanced airships in the period, the "heavier than air" plane won't be invented until the early 20th century (Sorry Blue fox) You see my point.
Tadelesh
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tadelesh was originally a mage. However, as magic in that sense does not exist in the PBB world, I changed him to become a magician.

He could have been a stage magician, but he's a roguish character, and a stage magician just seems to showy and prim for him. Besides, there's already Stella, a professional stage magician. Therefore, I decided to make him a street magician; a dodgy one who cons people into giving him money. Wink Laughing

If he was something else, he could probably be a musician/singer, as he plays the lute and can sing fairly well. He could be a number of things though, really, as he was brought up in upperclass Britain, being taught a lot of things, including ballroom dancing and chess; he also travelled, picking up various things (such as his penchant for magic) along the way.

kommy
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I did not wish to be a physician or was unable to for whatever reason, I'd certainly stick to some other well-educated pursuit. I am a scholar at heart, at home with books, papers, and erudition. So...

Teacher/Professor (Those who can't do, etc.)

Pharmacist/Apothecary (Get your snake oil here! It'll cure what ails you!)

Scholar/Naturalist (On the origin of furries?)

Governess (The one I'd likely be pushed into in a more strict representation of the setting)
Avrie000

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:
I first wanted to have Constance be Native American instead of British as she is now. My original idea was for her to be some kind of shaman or spiritual women, who was travelling the world in search of knowledge. I pictured her drawn in traditional Native American outfits, with feathers in her hair and such.

I think she would look fetching in feathers, and you could always have her play a native American character on stage ... a Musical version of Pocahontas? Vanessa might have fun with that as well Wink
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avrie000 wrote:

I think she would look fetching in feathers, and you could always have her play a native American character on stage ... a Musical version of Pocahontas? Vanessa might have fun with that as well Wink

That's a really good idea. Very Happy
It's mostly the visual aspect that appeals to me, as I don't think she would have been fitting in that well in Bon Bon as a Native American. Using such a costume for a party or a performance could be very nice.

I think that others could do the same as well. It just seems like a bit of a waste seeing all these great professions that didn't make it to the final version.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As sad as it might be that some of them didn't make it, we really must limit ourselves to one trade and MAYBE dabble in a related second one. Still, it's always interesting to see what could have been, which is why I started this thread in the first place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1