FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Fursona/character names
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marx-Paragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xivk wrote:
So...

sex:male
species:rabbitz
name:xivak

what next?

why dont you start your own thread, so as not to take up space in this thread... i would be more than happy to help, if you wish

marx's four step guide to being popular in the fandom

1 draw boobs
2 make comics
3 cuase drama
4 repeat
Wallstreet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xivk wrote:
So...

sex:male
species:rabbitz
name:xivak

what next?

Its entirely up to you, my friend, thats the beauty of it!

You can detail as much or as little of your character as you like. However, the more you put down, the more accurate you can convey the image you want people to see.

Take a read through of my character (following the link in my signature). Those are the points I thought were significant to Ewan's image for others.

A cool way to integrate your character into Bon Bon is to create a profession, or at least a reason for being in town. Youll notice alot of people have opened shops, or detailed the reasons for what brings them to the mountains. This gives opportunities for role-playing, or for the possibility of bein gin the comic itself!

But I would agree with Marx. Open up a thread for yourself, if you want help Im sure youll get it.

Who the hell is Ewan Bushmill?
A reference: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7319
Cassandre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would reccomend your history, Xivk. Like, why your here, where your from, stuff like that.
Tadelesh
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've mentioned previously, Tadelesh was created as a character in an RPG. I wanted a name beginning with T, so searched for T names on a baby naming site, and Tadelesh jumped out at me. When I noticed that the meaning was "Lucky", I thought that sounded great, so I went with that. It most definitely fits with the character he is now.

In fact, if and when I write Tadelesh's backstory, I will find a different name for him (shock horror) - as I want to make it believable. Let me explain that statement: Tadelesh is an African name, not likely to be a name for an English aristocrat in Victorian times, which he was before he ran away from home. I will write it so that he changes his name from his given name (which I will make up when the time comes, if not before) to Tadelesh after exploring Africa and being called it by locals (or something along those lines).

As for his surname, Thalion: I can't take the credit for that. In the RPG, he was adopted by someone in the Thalion family, so was given that surname. I think the name follows Tadelesh beautifully, plus I absolutely adore alliteration (couldn't resist).

When it came to naming all of my other characters (most of which were before Tadelesh), I mostly ripped the names from books. Mykal was based on the archangel, Michael; Slider was based on Strider from Lord of the Rings (lame name choice there, but oh well); Biorkis, Durwin, Ronsard, Pluell, Nin, Nimrood, Gwert: they were all from The Dragon King books; Asmodeas (or Asmodeus, I can't remember which) and Dandin were from the Redwall books. I think there may have been others I can't remember. Oh, yes, another was Jin, from the Tekken games. Laughing

I might revive some of those characters in future, who knows. Anyway, I think I've babbled long enough already.

Arianoelle_Yenearsira

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since I've just seen this for the first time. I think I'll add my two girls here.

For my first girl, Aria, I like both names of Aria and Noelle and how they seemed to sound sweet together. For her last name of Yenearsira, it is the elven for Winter Solstice. I figured that since I had made her father to being a maltese tiger and her mother a snow leopard, that the name seemed a bit right, plus Aria having been born during the winter.

Now for my second girl, Máiréad McCùra. Mái, came about after I had first seen Celtic Woman on TV. The fiddler, Máiréad Nessbit, was my inspiration for her. Máiréad means Pearl and it seemed fitting for my girl in a way since she was born in a fishing town. For her last name, McCùra, if I remember this correctly, Mc means 'son of' and Cùra means guardian. Being as her ancestors had come from Viking lines and the very first of the clan became a guardian to a noble family, I figured the name fit.
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a Break down of the evolution of my charecter kyle stingray. I Thoguht of him up 6 years ago when i first watched the anime Bubble Gum Crisis tokyo 2040. Personalitly wise i had a imginary friend when i was a kid and his name was link as i got older link went away and kyle replaced him and is now a charecter i use when i write fanfics or Rps.
Now the first fanfic i ever wrote is also linked with my Screen Name The Adept i was and still am a Hardcore Golden Sun Fan. and it is on golden Sun realms where i first used kyle as a main charecter.
Being a golden sun fan the heroes where Pschic in away each of the heroes could control one of the four element. and they gave them a name Adepts and thats how i became The Adept. and that was well over 7 years ago.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/
Hoshiginiro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ill start with star. when i was in highschool the series for sailor moon sailor stars caught the eyes of my friends and i. i was taking japanese as a class in school and so i came up with the name Star Silver aka Hoshi Giniro...this has been my nick name for years it was also the name of a sword i designed in the beginning ...

Medel Gargen was originally an elven character that i designed for rping on gaia online....much more innocent than she is now ...the tree shaped birth mark on her thigh is actually a prelude to her origins ...for in my own elven language Gargen means 'treelove' one day i will show you my pop up book if you want i think i have pictures of it some where

Ryan Eesha ....was also a rping character for gaia ...Eesha in my own elven language means 'Flyer' Ryan was originally a human/angel i drew an awesome picture of him the best picture i will ever draw free hand

CafePress
FurAffinity

Last edited by Hoshiginiro on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Wolf Stride

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf's name wasn't very well thought up. His name comes from Wolf dogs that sometimes are known to wander by Alaska. On one trip that i had there, i had the pleasure of petting one....before it bit my hand. The Wolf-dog is a hunting type of animal that would rather be alone, instead of sticking with a pack and they have a much more heigthened senses across themselves than ordinary dogs, or wolves. The last name Stride was though up when one sees a wolf actually striding quickly across the plains. It wasn't very creative but "Wolf" and "Stride" seemed to fit a serious description of a hunter who is rather cold and silent.

Now Grimm's name was very creative. I came up with him while reading my favorite novels and it made me ponder on the meaning of death. What is death? What is beyond it? Why do people say "grim" things before death? That's when it hit me that the word grim inspires fear and pain at thought when it comes to it. When i found out that names have been made by adding one more m at the end, i was overjoyed because i always wanted to make a thief persona that has a wide variety of experiences and can back up any possible moves without pulling a load of BS from the sleeve. Army experience and a grim history would explain self determination to become and assassin and to steel his mind for the horrors of killing. Locke came from the fct that he is thief, which for some odd reason, seemed to complement the idea of him being a thief at the time.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=238903#238903- Wolf & Grimm!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/wolfstride/ = My FA
mackwell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i chose mackwell as my name because i like the plain sound it has, but it's still different.

i have a time machine in my apartment. it's essentially a cardboard box and on the side i wrote "time machine" in sharpie.
Catherine_Puce
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine Puce name come from an pseudonym of a character that I roleplay in an another forum and before on telnet (yes, it doesn't make me any younger). Puce is the french for flea. A small beast that live by parasiting its host (a little like a pawnbroker and it fit even more if the pawnbroker is small.). Catherine is usually shortened to Cat which is fitting since she is a lynx.

Je pense que le nom va bien au personnage.

S.P.P.
dragonfly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well a breack down of my fursona's name ok where to begin.

ok so lets start with my furs first name it's was easy to pick it i love the game legend of zelda and the heros name is link but thats not my furs acutel true name is true name is linkarey.

for his second name well as far as i know all cats and big cats are hunters and because of his past so i was trying to think of something that would be sort of a nickname his gang would call him so hunter came to mind and i liked it so it just became part of his name.

his last name im not sure why collins came to mind but a old freind of mine i havent seen for years last name was collins so i just picked it and thats preety much how the name link hunter collins came to me.

saying that link wasn't gonna be his name at first i was gonna call him demyx lineson.

my FA http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkcollins/

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

ref pic of link the king cheetah http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7618854/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3