FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Professions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron_Thom
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Professions Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been asked before but I'm going to ask anyway. What was the reason behind your Fursona's Profession?

The reason I chose mine was I have a military background in RL, thats why he's dressed in a soldiers uniform, and after thinking what my character would be doing after he got out of the military I couldn't see him without his weapons so I chose Body Guard.
Profile: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49632&highlight=#49632
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Choose Pschology and Pschiatry becouse he has always been Curious on how people respond to there emotions and how it links to there physical reactions, or why people do what they do to have fun. What part of the brain would trigger that certain kind of behavior.
For example if i may use miss scorpia and her misstress and the male slaves rp as one. Lets say kyle was in it and he saw the whole dominatrix thing and the males agreeing without a second thought and caling her mistress. He would be extremly curious on what happens mentally there for both parties.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I chose being a Post Master because it felt stale to make a character that was a bodyguard or one that had a dark past.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me fursona's profession was based on treasure hunting cause his real profession dont think could be done in the PBB world and the idea of adventure traveling the world looking for unknown wonders was a nice idea. ^_^

I am the ghost of games... What i am, all i will be
-Xivk
goddess-ofthe-night

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because I'm funny!!! Very Happy
Maxwell The Tiger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically I used to Box and Love Rocky, Mix that with the Eye of the Tiger tune and you get Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf has many jobs, since he had a dark past. His main job is mainly medicine, since that is what i plan to study in RL.
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=238903#238903- Wolf & Grimm!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/wolfstride/ = My FA
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were several reasons why I chose to make Constance an opera singer.

First and foremost, I was looking to make Constance seem like she belongs in PBB, so I picked an occupation I thought wouldn't be too far from what Vanessa might pick for a new character herself. So my choice was for something that would make sense in the time period the comic is set in, as well as the style that Vanessa has chosen for PBB.

I also wanted something glamorous for Constance. I chose her occupation quite early in the process of developing my fursona, but at that point I already knew that I wanted her to be a very elegant and classy lady, and I thought that her being an opera singer might help portray that aspect of her characterization.

I had also been listening to some Nightwish at the time, and that probably influenced my decision too.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
dragonfly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for my fursona i had a lot of problems trying to thick up a career for him.

now he dose have a violent past and i was gonna have him open up a weapons shop but takeing a good hard thick about i didn't want him in a violent job and it didn't go with bon bon at all so looking at the comic's for ideas.

and one certain raccoon purple in colour gave me a great idea to be a entertainer in dangerous stunts like blindfold sword juggling sword swallowing etc...

so i must thanck vanessa for adding that part in the comic because i would never of thought of that my self so.

thanck you miss vanessa for the idea.

my FA http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkcollins/

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

ref pic of link the king cheetah http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7618854/
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Symphony wrote:

I had also been listening to some Nightwish at the time, and that probably influenced my decision too.

ill put money down it was the songs Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan, Nemo, White night Fantesy,Ghost Love Score and Romanticide
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose to make my fursona a musician and violinist in particular because I've always loved music, the violin has always been my favorite instrument and I've always wanted to learn how to play one. Aside from that, there were no other musician fursonas present at the time and it seemed appropriate for the period and location of the story.
Drofgod969
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i wanted to be a blackmith when i was younger and it fitted with the time frame.
Let me stand behind you in times of peace, let me stand infront of you in times of war, let me stand beside you as a equall, as a friend.
Corran
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose to make my character a fireman because at the time that I created him I was looking into becoming a fireman myself. It almost happened too.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I picked a Tobacconist, because I've always been kinda fond of the whole panaply of old importer-of-goods kinda jobs... so I've also expanded Caroline's operation to include coffee and tea as well.

And, I thought it would be very period.))
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, Caroline, I kinda believed you to be a vendor of sorts given the various things you give out from that tray of yours-
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Well, originally, her family owns a tobacco plantation in North Carolina... so it would have made sense that she would have all the paraphanalia associated with tobacco and smoking it...

...so I wouldn't say a vendor. More of a botique or something.))
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Ah, sorry, I should have read your bio more closely. I was simply speculating based off of certain observations I made)
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Adept wrote:

ill put money down it was the songs Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan, Nemo, White night Fantesy,Ghost Love Score and Romanticide

It wasn't any specific song. I just think that their music might have inspired me to start thinkign of how an opera singer might fit in Bon Bon.

It's difficult to remember sometimes. It's nearly two years ago now. I can't even recall if I was aware of there already being a cabaret singer, though I doubt that would have influenced my choice in any way.

The Mayflower Diaries
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel as a tailor was a combination of two things: 1) I wanted to go for a profession I hadn't seen used before and 2) I wanted to think of something that could make use of at least some skill from his previous employ.

The assassin part really came as part of an adaptation of the character model I had in mind, Louis for the Vampire Chronicles. I figured a useful skill to know would have been field surgery, sewing up cuts and the like. Then it was simple that eventually his needlework would become quick as well as being detailed and that he would be able to find use for it in a non-violent line of work.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Symphony,

Not necessarily on-topic, but... not really off-topic either. More of a... how someone's career affects/influences their personality.

I've been meaning to ask this. As far as I can tell, Constance does seem to enjoy the bit of celebrity she has as a traveling opera singer. Have you ever thought about her maybe struggling with the reknown sometimes? Like... she enjoys making her audience smile and cry and appreciate her performance... but backstage she sometimes wonder if they ever "see" Constance, or just see the "idol" that Constance is?

I'm not sure why, but... for some reason I kinda like that dichotomy. Constance loves being a singer. She loves the music, the artistry, the history... everything that makes up the life of a performer... but she might not have a lot of close friends as everyone sees her as "Constance Mayflower, the Opera Idol", and not "Constance Mayflower, the woman." So sometimes her own career she finds exhausting or draining. If that makes any sense.

Yeah... I spend a decent amount of time thinking about Constance, as you've brought up some of the most animated topics.

In a similar vein, I've been doing a lot of thinking about traveling with Caroline. She traveled a lot with her father, and, for 1890s standards, has seen a lot of the America's. While being from North Carolina, she's been to Saint Louis, San Fran, Sacremento, Denver, Kansas City, Chicago, and heard stories from her Father about Mexico and the Caribean. I could even see Caroline having visited some cities in the Canadian frontier, or Mexican border-towns. So... lately I've been wondering if Caroline would close her shop for a couple of weeks at a time, and go travel to some of these places she's been importing tea and coffee and tobacco from. Go on a photo safari of sorts. Everyone in the 1890s probably has read about places in South America, Africa, and the Orient via those 10cent novels... but not a whole lot of people have actually been there. And... to have the wanderlust that has come from her father, I could see her actually traveling to such locals.))
Catherine_Puce
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I choose that jobs because this is job that a city of this size and economy should and that people rarely think of them for their characters.Beside to be honest, I have a concept for a male fursona in mind that risk to be quite unique. I just not sure to bring him now, I am still kinda new in this forum for hold a load of characters.

Je vais sans doute attendre quelque temps avant de créer d'autres personnages.

S.P.P.
Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would answer several threads at once with this post:
1) Why is my character an inventor and an aviator? Well he is an inventor because I love to know how things work and I have always tinkered with mechanics myself also as an inventor he could create the "Daedalus", a giant Zeppelin type airship. This as an aviator allows him to travel around the world far above and removed from the press and company of fur-kind which he believes holds him in indifference and scorn in equal measure and he himself returns those feelings. ( Think Captain Nemo )

2) Why chose vulpines for my characters? I personally have always felt out of place as far as being human is concerned. From a very young age, seven or eight, I looked around at humanity and felt I was from some very different race, feeling very much an outsider. My father took me to the cinema to see Disney's animated version of Robin Hood and I just knew that I wanted to be a fox, silly I know Embarassed
The character was every thing I wanted to be and so here I am Tearlach Desson. love Tongue bouncy
Terminus: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=239198#239198

We are grey. We stand between the star and the candle.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/brigwyn/
Tearlach
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a little off topic, but it is related to professions.
Has any one thought of making thier character a deep-sea diver/salvage operator? When I say deep sea-diver I refer to the canvas suit, lead boots and large copper helmet type. There would be great adventures to tell diving on wrecks to recover valuables, gold or diamonds!
" A boat on the lake in Bon Bon sinks with a consignment of diamonds from the mine on board! Who will go down and retreive them?"

I just thought I would throw the idea out there! Would make a change from all the ex-military.
P.S. I am not having a poke at any one. But it has been mention more then once by others. So please do not be offended.
Thank you.
Terminus: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=239198#239198

We are grey. We stand between the star and the candle.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/brigwyn/
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline wrote:
((Symphony,

Not necessarily on-topic, but... not really off-topic either. More of a... how someone's career affects/influences their personality.

I've been meaning to ask this. As far as I can tell, Constance does seem to enjoy the bit of celebrity she has as a traveling opera singer. Have you ever thought about her maybe struggling with the reknown sometimes? Like... she enjoys making her audience smile and cry and appreciate her performance... but backstage she sometimes wonder if they ever "see" Constance, or just see the "idol" that Constance is?

I'm not sure why, but... for some reason I kinda like that dichotomy. Constance loves being a singer. She loves the music, the artistry, the history... everything that makes up the life of a performer... but she might not have a lot of close friends as everyone sees her as "Constance Mayflower, the Opera Idol", and not "Constance Mayflower, the woman." So sometimes her own career she finds exhausting or draining. If that makes any sense.

You make a very interesting point. It's not something I have given much thought to. I have mainly been focusing on how her career has forced her to travel a lot, thus making it difficult for her to really settle down and get really closely acquiented with the people she meet.

I like what you're suggesting, though. I like when things aren't perfect. I like when people pick occupations that aren't glamorous or particularly exciting, or when a character isn't made out to be the best in the world at whatever he or she does. I know that have picked both something glamorous and something my fursona is famous for, but I really think it's refreshing to see something else. Like what you've picked, Caroline. Perhaps I should incorporate a bit of the negative side of Constance's career into my writing. It's more interesting than when it's all perfect.

Did anyone else give any thought to this when picking an occupation for their fursona?

The Mayflower Diaries
Aaron_Thom
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really think about it till now, but I guess being a body guard Thomas would have to be cautious on who his friends are, not knowing if they'll bring harm to anyone that employs him.
Profile: http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=49632&highlight=#49632
dragonfly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with my fursona's job being a entertainer in dangerous stunts as mentioned in my last post.

he has a high risk of seriously injureing or killing himself if he makes a mistake but that to him just makes it the more fun.

my FA http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkcollins/

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

ref pic of link the king cheetah http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7618854/
Tadelesh
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Tadelesh was a Mage before I came here. When I adapted him to match Vanessa's world, I wanted to keep him somewhat magical. I've also always been fond of and interested in magic. However, I didn't want him to be a professional stage magician, like Stella Sunflower: that was too glamorous for his personality, I felt. So I decided to make him a street magician, but a roguish one: he's a bit of a con artist. That fits his mischievous personality a lot more closely, and it's something I have an interest in as well.
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've covered this before, but, my character's profession took some time to decide on. I wanted something period, and that meant something rather different from what I do in RL, which is entirely modern computing and electronics. I wanted something respectable and where he would have a strong sense of duty and responsibility. Steamship captain was suggested by a friend, and after admittedly too little research, I went with it. (I have made up a lot of that research since. Wink )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1