FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Re: Enterprise
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Snarf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know there's a Firefly movie coming out in September, right?
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's "Firefly" ? Or was that an episode of something.

You mean "Firefly: The Series" ?
http://imdb.com/title/tt0303461/

-R

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Wildcard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
What's "Firefly" ?

A small insect which has an ass that lights up every time it farts. Laughing

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
HSHP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will not only be a movie based off of "Firefly", but also a comic book mini-series this July written by Joss Whedon. Both are called "Serenity". Series kicked ass, hopefully the movie does the same.
electrondady1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: fire fly Reply with quote

firefly was a cool show that was on for one season created by the people who did buffy and angle it was different than any show id ever seen on tv if they put out a move i'll go see it.
King Snarf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep meaning to pick the show up on DVD. I watched the first episode and, while good, didn't stick with it 'cause I wasn't feeling it. Then I found out that FOX aired the episodes out of order, so the first episode wasn't really the first episode, but rather the third.
Wildcard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back to Enterprise, here are a few things I don't understand...

1) Why are the MAKOS still on board Enterprise now that the Zindi attack is over?

2) Why have the launch of the Columbia at the tail end of the show's final season?

3) Why have Reed involved in a sub-plot in the Klingon Augments story arc when Archer could track down Dr. Phlox without the help of this organization Reed was once a part of?

4) Why have the captain of the Columbia be a woman when Tucker is leaving Enterprise to serve on the Columbia to get away from a woman who also is his superior as well?

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
HSHP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildcard wrote:
Getting back to Enterprise, here are a few things I don't understand...

1) Why are the MAKOS still on board Enterprise now that the Zindi attack is over?

Because they are? The universe is still a dangerous place and they might need them. Seems they have needed them already.

Quote:
2) Why have the launch of the Columbia at the tail end of the show's final season?

*shrug* Dunno. Maybe the end of the series will involve both ships seeing as Trip's on there?

Quote:
3) Why have Reed involved in a sub-plot in the Klingon Augments story arc when Archer could track down Dr. Phlox without the help of this organization Reed was once a part of?

The orginization isn't trying to help find Phlox, they're trying to hinder the search. If they were trying to help, why would Reed had hidden the results of the weapons scan and erased the black box?

Quote:
4) Why have the captain of the Columbia be a woman when Tucker is leaving Enterprise to serve on the Columbia to get away from a woman who also is his superior as well?

Because it's not about a female superior, it's about a fellow shipmate who is female that he cares too much about. Trip has no feelings about his female captain which means he shouldn't have any inner conflicts about her safety the way he did about T'Pol.
Wildcard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HSHP wrote:
Wildcard wrote:

The orginization isn't trying to help find Phlox, they're trying to hinder the search. If they were trying to help, why would Reed had hidden the results of the weapons scan and erased the black box?

It does seem that organization has a secret agenda, but I'm sure the guy who appears to be the head of it whom Reed met with said to Reed he had better renew his allegiance to them if he wanted to help Phlox. Just a ruse perhaps to secure Reed's assistance?

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
Wildcard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HSHP wrote:
Wildcard wrote:

Because it's not about a female superior, it's about a fellow shipmate who is female that he cares too much about. Trip has no feelings about his female captain which means he shouldn't have any inner conflicts about her safety the way he did about T'Pol.

It just seems like they're putting him right back into a situation where he could possibly develop romantic feeling for a woman who, like T'Pol, is his superior. I just find the parallel of it uncanny. Of course there isn't enough time left in the show for him to begin to have those kind of feeling for her, but, if it were continuing on for a few more years... However, I guess that would all have to occur behind the scenes since the Columbia couldn't also be a main focal point of the show.

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
Ronald
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest news on StarTrek fans trying to save a dead horse show....

http://wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,66707,00.html

The article mentioned instances where shows have been saved by the fan. Kinda interesting. (And it mentioned Roswell.)

Can't believe there are people protesting with street demonstrations/rally. I bet they're all dressed up in costumes too. Smile

And from the official website: http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/9656.html

I'm starting to wonder if they will manage to save the show. I'm still skeptical at this point but who knows. I'd be damn surprised if the show is back on air.

http://www.eadultcomics.com/ - for the best in online erotic adult comics
http://www.eadultgames.com/ - adult games, strip poker, strip blackjack, and more.
Wildcard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the very most, it could perhaps continue on for one more season, and then is certain to be decommissioned.

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
someoneoutthere

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for a new show, new space ship based on Borg technology, so that can roam all 4 quandrants, where 7 of 9 is made captain, to kick some Borg butt (I know this is a late reply, you guys started talking about new show possibilities somewhere in the middle of this topic).

And I must admit. I watch Voyager just because 7 of 9 was on it. I freaking hated that Nelix character. Twisted Evil
HSHP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someoneoutthere wrote:
I would go for a new show, new space ship based on Borg technology, so that can roam all 4 quandrants, where 7 of 9 is made captain, to kick some Borg butt (I know this is a late reply, you guys started talking about new show possibilities somewhere in the middle of this topic).

And I must admit. I watch Voyager just because 7 of 9 was on it. I freaking hated that Nelix character. Twisted Evil

I liked Nelix. Though Phlox is cooler. And 7of9 wasn't the only eye candy on that show. B'lana was hot and I missed Kes when she left.
Wildcard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Trek babe I ever had a bit of an eye for was Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax in DS9).

FLAWLESS 3 Of A Kind!
Milkman Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to create a new thread for this, I guess. I just came across something called Star Wreck. It was originally meant to be a short, but it turned into a full-length movie as the project progressed. The relevance to this thread? It's a parody/crossover of Star Trek and Babylon 5.
someoneoutthere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well. Let by gones be by gones. You never know what they will come up with for a new show in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    General Forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2