FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
End of Year Holiday Traditions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Personal Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: End of Year Holiday Traditions Reply with quote

((Hey Gang,

Okay, continuing with the idea of holiday traditions, what sorts of things do you all do/look forward too with the end of year holidays? It doesn't matter of it's any of the traditional holidays or something else, just what sorts of things do you do and look forward too with the year ending.

I like hanging stockings. I just find the idea of a big, decorated, sock, hanging off the wall, stuffed with little gifts or candies, or whatever fun. I've got like a zillion of them. Some I've bought, some I cross-stitched. My favorite is Father Christmas giving the audience a great, big, raspberry. It's hilarious.

That and the "12 pains of Christmas", number four... sending Christmas Cards. I don't even know half these people.

So... what about the rest of you?))
Texas_Wildlife

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family is pretty average when it comes to the Christmas holiday.

We put up lights, decorate a Christmas tree in the living room, and exchange gifts.

Another one of my family's traditions is to go visit my relatives at their Ranch in Oklahoma.

Me and 2 of my cousins have our own little Christmas tradtion. We get up at 5am and go horse back riding while its still dark out side , I rather enjoy the cold fresh air and smell of dust & dryed grass( I'm city boy, but that doesn't mean I'm not a cowboy as well)
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go visit family in the mountains. Kinda town with one gas station, one bank and that's IT.
And if you're lucky then the god's a she..."
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every christmas my family would cook a huge dinner (yay) and then we would have to go to midnight mas(boo)after that they would let my sisters open one gift before they went to bed(yay again)
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/
Corran
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its always having family over for a great big gathering. That is my favorite tradition.

This year I will be heading to Disney world on the 26th to celebrate new years.
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im looking foward to having a firworks war with my cousins firing bottle rockets mortar shells and black cats at them is so much fun Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil though i almost lost my hand last time
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
relentless

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wouldn't be Christmas if i didn't get in a punch up, luckily my brother is back for Christmas this year so will be no shortage of opportunities. lol but sibling rivalry aside we are pretty average, big feast, presents, social awkwardness and of course sudden revelations which really could have been established at any time of the year but just had to happen at christmas
Tursi
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: End of Year Holiday Traditions Reply with quote

Caroline wrote:
That and the "12 pains of Christmas", number four... sending Christmas Cards. I don't even know half these people.

Hehe.. I love that song.

Christmas is gonna suck for me this year, I'm stuck home in a state where I don't know anyone else, with no time off work to travel. So I'll just be packing and might take a few hours to brave the crowds at Disneyworld Wink
TheBashfulFeline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I love about Christmas, is making cookies!
AlainDaishar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: End of Year Holiday Traditions Reply with quote

Tursi wrote:

Christmas is gonna suck for me this year, I'm stuck home in a state where I don't know anyone else, with no time off work to travel. So I'll just be packing and might take a few hours to brave the crowds at Disneyworld Wink

That's rough. But I'm sure you'll make the best of it.

Normally, all of my extended family gets together.....from both sides of the family. And then we do the standard stuff, gifts and a huge dinner, the usual.
This year, I may end up spending christmas by myself, over in China. YAY!! for going to China!! Cultural experiences hopefully!!! but, it'll be weird not having like 40 family members around.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year, as has become habit, I'll spend the weeks up to chsitmas practicing my "Bah!" and my "Humbug!".
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xebulon wrote:
This year, as has become habit, I'll spend the weeks up to chsitmas practicing my "Bah!" and my "Humbug!".

Ya know "Bah Humbug" was the victorian equivalent to the term "Bullshit"!

*pictures Xebulon runnin' around sayin' "Bullshit!"*

Mwahahaha!

Twisted Evil
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed I am, Chaos, though the "Bah" was more of a simple exclamation. The "Humbug" was the actuall swear. Cool
green_fox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I have to admit that Christmas is not what I used to mean to me when I was younger (we got our first Christmas sweets at the beginning of November this year in our store Shocked guess they'll start delivering chocolate easter bunnies after New Years Eve??)
And the weather here looks more like in the middle of autumn (we have a lot of rain and its 10° C outside, that's 50° F ), I really miss snow in December Crying or Very sad . I just started to decorate our house and garden a bit with lights.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((...wow, a lot of grumpy people for the end of the year celebrations.

yeah, I know the whole thing is either 1) overcomercialized, or 2) over religified, but... still... it's kinda nice to have a holiday at the end of the year. I mean... really... what else would you do?

I know it's lame and retardedly romantic, but hey, I'm goth. We're all about cynical romanticism. Except for those posers... grrrr... -_-... I hate goth posers... but back on track, I kinda like the idea of a winter celebration. Traditionally and story-wise, winter is one of the dangerous seasons. Even love and romance tends to have its worst trials during winter. But... end of the year celebrations remind us we're human. That it is alright to have fun and go a bit overboard, even during the stark, bleakness of winter.

So... to all you bah humbugers out there, I say, Get a Stocking! Stuff that Stocking! and have a good time. I haven't met anyone who doesn't get a little kids smile, when they see a stuffed stocking.))
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Christmas as much as the next guy, but as a certified Pharmacy Technician, all I hear around this time of year is, "What, you ain't got my Synthroid?? What are you, some kind of <explitive deleted>!!"

It can kill the mood, ya know...
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline wrote:

I know it's lame and retardedly romantic, but hey, I'm goth. We're all about cynical romanticism. Except for those posers... grrrr... -_-... I hate goth posers

you can always tell the real goth from the fake goth becouse fake goths have all the accesories and real goths dont buy that shit, and emos straight up just suck
My FA
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm not generally fond of the "holiday season" I actually practice my bah humbug for an entirely different reason. My local community center usually puts on a production of "A Christmas Carol" every year. Since it's one of my favorite stories I audition every year. Haven't gotten to be Scrooge yet, but I was the understudy for Christmas Past two years ago. Very Happy
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Xeb that's freaking sweeet! Do you go for the whole squint-faced look when you say it?

While "A Christmas Carol" is the classic European-holiday story, my favorite is a tie between "It's a Wonderful Life", and "A Christmas Story"... both shows really are powerful. "A Wonderful Life" is serious-powerful, while "Christmas Story" is old-time-fun-reminiscing powerful.

I love, love, LOVE, watching those two shows. The acting, the music, the directing, the scenery, all if it just... clicks. Those two moves are how you make movies.))
henkcobra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mother and my ant will make ollyballs and apple rings.

Last my niece said "Mommy I don't like this ollyball? Your are 10 times better."

Hahaha that is good.

so lets make some ollyballs and apple rings

and with Christmas day we will eat some food we like much and eat much of it.

My favorite RP please join and dominate me : http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6811&start=0

My FA; http://www.furaffinity.net/user/henkcobra/
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.... people actually celebrate the end of the year?
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline wrote:
((...wow, a lot of grumpy people for the end of the year celebrations.

I'm not actually grumpy about my own situation. I stopped "humbug"ing Christmas a few years ago. I'm just disappointed I couldn't coerce anyone to come out, and mad about the way work did Christmas vacation this year. But I've got a ton of work to do, and the spirit of the season I can celebrate later when I do see my friends.

I travel a lot, so I'm used to timeshifting, hehe. Wink
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, most of the relatives I have had pass away have done so on or around the holidays. Christmas and New Year's Day have been tainted by the passing of loved ones, and so I no longer have the joy or optimism I have had in the past at such occasions.
BioRust

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My holidays are a pain. Everybody you can think of is knocking on my door, carollers, jehovah's witnesses, utillity guys, just can't get rid of them. But I can't wait for my cousin to come over, every year he brings $500 worth of fireworks. Can't wait Very Happy.
LabrnMystic
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call all my closest friends and wish them and their families a Merry Christmas. Otherwise, always been big for a family Christmas. Always watch "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" with my family. ^_^

Maybe one of these years I'll do a holiday picture for PBB. ^^;

Mr Writer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, christmas is usualy just another day for me to sleep in, so no real customs there (other than cooking shrimp alfredo). on new years, i open up a botte of Brechetto. Have done it on new years since my first duty station and will continue to do so.

The only other time honored custom is the american tradition of praying to the porcline god when ive had too much to drink.

And yes, I do wear a bag on my head. Why do you ask?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Personal Stuff All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1