FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Wow this is hard...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Personal Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm freshly shorn today, as the stubble was bugging the hell outta me. What actual length do you have, Caroline?

((Well, when I do shave, completely bald. I've got to wear a hat outside now, since it's so cold. No stubble... nothing. Just bald noggin.))
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me about it. Good thing though, my bald head goes great with the coat and tie I wear to work everyday. Stylin'.

Twisted Evil
And if you're lucky then the god's a she..."
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Chaosengine, I have to wear a wig to work. I think today, since I'm feeling mean, I'll wear my KOS-MOS wig, and see what happens.))
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline wrote:
((Chaosengine, I have to wear a wig to work. I think today, since I'm feeling mean, I'll wear my KOS-MOS wig, and see what happens.))

*blood trickle from his nose*

That is mean...

Twisted Evil
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is somewhat shocking, but not for the reason some might think. I just started replaying the Xenosaga series a couple of days ago and got to the second yesterday.
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That is somewhat shocking, but not for the reason some might think. I just started replaying the Xenosaga series a couple of days ago and got to the second yesterday.

((Ash, that's only because KOS-MOS is about the 2nd coolest game character, EVAR!!! And... yes, be ready to get overwhelmed by the word awesome.

Okay, being as this is my thread, I'm going to totally lamely geek-game-Empress out on you all, derail my own thread, and expound on KOS-MOS, as well as the girl I think is the mostest, awesomest, character ever.

As for KOS-MOS, she's just radically awesome. I mean, seriously, she threatens a starship... with her fist. A starship! WITH HER FIST! That's Chuck Norris level awesome right there! In addition to that, she just looks awesome. Combat-android, with freaking sweet ice-white armor, mega-stylin' thigh-high, kick-ass boots, a washboard-stomach that you could stare at all day, and way, wicked, awesome blue hair. You gotta have blue hair. And guns! But not just any old pea-shooter will do for KOS-MOS. She gets a PAIR of FREAKING Gatling Cannons that are so awesome they've got gatling cannons on the gatling cannons! Not only that, she just sounds freaking sweet! I'm normally really critical of American voice actors... most of them... kinda blow. But whoever did KOS-MOS just, freaking nailed it. We're talking Mark Hamil as The Joker nailing it!

She's also in one of the best cRPGs I've ever played. A cRPG so legendary that, after I played it once, I realized just how much I missed, and so one Friday after I got back from my classes, I started it again... from the beginning, and just marathoned it to the end. I played for like 85 hours... straight.

But... there is one character who I just freaking love. One character, that, if I could ever possibly be her, I totally would.

Lenneth Valkyrie.

She's... just... amazing.

Seriously. Valkyrie Profile for the PS1 just flippin' rocks. Characters you can relate too, awesome story telling, superb voice acting, great musicial score, way-wicked gnarly costuming. Romance... Betrayal... Redemption... Loss... Gain... Valkyrie Profile has everything. And then some.

It's got Lenneth Valkyrie.

She's just... flippin awesome. First of all... SHE'S A VALKYRIE! A VALKYRIE! Her armor is sweet! From the feathered helm, to her armored boots that armor is so bodaciously radical that I'm using slang from the flippin 80s! I'd wear that plate-mail any day of week! And it's blue! She's so awesome, she lacquered her armor blue! That's Darth Vadar pimping awesome! I mean all the costumes in Valkyrie Profile are just solid... but Lenneth's is so... every other girl-armored character I've seen since then gets compared to her. She IS the top of the line. Even her peasant garb is just way-wicked radical! I love the shawl.

Next, has gotta be her hair. Two words. Platinum... Blonde. Name one other Platinum Blonde who you think could compare. None. Zilch. Zero. Only Lenneth could pull off making platinum blonde hair to kill for. And she's gorgeous. She is. In the scene when she takes off her helm for Lucian, I nearly fainted. She's... just... beautiful. And, the voice actor for her is so... spot on. I love Lenneth's voice.

Now, but that's not all. Not only is Lenneth Valkyrie styling in her armor, amazingly beautiful, and has an amazing voice, but she kicks ass! For the GODS! Seriously! We're talking Darth Vader pimp-choking a bitch out ass kicking... and you know how much I don't swear! No... not only does she kick ass, but she kicks so much ass that she can defy the very Norse Gods themselves.

But there's more! Not only is she freaking sweet as a fighter, but... when she decides to open up a 55-gallon drum of beat down, she OPENS UP A 55-GALLON DRUM OF BEAT DOWN! I mean, she kicks so much ass that the PS1 practically stops so the entire system, your speakers, your controllers, and your TV can watch all her awesomeness in slow motion. She flips out flippin sweet, feathered wings, jumps about a zillion feet into the sky, pulls a spear THE SIZE OF A TELEPHONE POLE, out of the ether, and just chucks it! Like it's nothing!

Oh, but Lennnth's not done yet. She even tells you, ya dun pissed her off and she's through playing. She's going to beat you down so hard, it'll get ENGRAVED UPON YOUR SOUL! I mean... da-yum! That's awesome! That's the coolest, freaking, beat-down line... EVAR! Her beatdowns are so freaking hard core! We're talking old-school, OLD TESTIMENT, hard core! Seriously! She engraves it upon your soul! So... even when you're dead, everyone... EVERYONE can see that Lenneth Valkyrie kicked the eternal snot out of you.

*pants to catch my breath*

I would so totally be Lenneth Valkyrie, if I could. She's awesome.

And with that... I think I'm going to pass out.))
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down, girl! Heel! If this is what you think about KOS-MOS as the 2nd coolest game character ever, I'd hate to see how you react about the 1st.
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*holds out his hand for a high-five*

Heh, Mark Hamil does do a perfect Joker. Though I've always been more of a fan of Xenogears than Xenosaga. And Valkyrie Profile was a great game, even if it was almost as hard as Orgre Battle to get the best ending.
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, Xebulon, Mark Hamil is the only voice for the joker. THE ONLY VOICE. With the exception of Jack Nicholson, of course.

Second, Xenogears is hands-down the better game, in my opinion. I swear, I will never forgive them for how they ruined everything with the second Xenosaga. (I have'nt made it to the third yet. I absolutely have to finish the second one first, so I don't know if they further fouled things up in that one) The way they make the characters look so different is bad, but something I can live with. It's the combat system I'll never forgive! And the fact that you can't load your completion data from the first game except to get a couple of small bonuses. UNFORGIVABLE!
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
Down, girl! Heel! If this is what you think about KOS-MOS as the 2nd coolest game character ever, I'd hate to see how you react about the 1st.
yes i wonder how you would react to the top two female Video game heros laura croft and samus Aran
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(( dry Alright... we should stop derailing my "I've stopping smoking post"... I can derail it because 1) it was _my_ post, and 2) I can change the rules whenever I want because I'm a girl Smile

But anyway, to keep this trainwreck a wrecking, I'll keep my own topic temporarily derailed.))

Ashton Gray wrote:

Quote:
Second, Xenogears is hands-down the better game, in my opinion. I swear, I will never forgive them for how they ruined everything with the second Xenosaga. (I have'nt made it to the third yet. I absolutely have to finish the second one first, so I don't know if they further fouled things up in that one) The way they make the characters look so different is bad, but something I can live with. It's the combat system I'll never forgive! And the fact that you can't load your completion data from the first game except to get a couple of small bonuses. UNFORGIVABLE!

((I liked Xenogears, don't get me wrong... and I understand your gripe about the change to the entire combat system in Xenosaga 2, but... I rather liked Xenosaga 2. And, I liked the fact that the costumes and whatnot got updated. Espeically for MOMO and Chaos... GAH! I couldn't stand chaos' old look. His newer look is just much better. And MOMO is growing up. Why shouldn't she wear clothes that match her age? Anyway, X2 is good, not as good as 1 in some ways, but better than 3. At least with X2 you don't wait like 20 hours before you get to use KOS-MOS.))

The Adept wrote:

Quote:
yes i wonder how you would react to the top two female Video game heros laura croft and samus Aran

((I actually don't care for Lara Croft. She's... generic. Okay, a gymnist, treasure hunter that dual weilds pistols... *yawn*. Really, I kinda like Nathan Drake, Indiana Jones, and those sorts of 1920s pulp-fiction-inspired treasure hunters. She's just... meh. I mean, if nothing else, I hate her costume. If she were really wearing pants like that... she would get monkey-butt horridly. Don't get me wrong. I understand that most girl-characters have to be sexy to sell the game, gotcha... but... at least make the clothes work. Harley's worked in Arkham Asylum... Croft is just... meh.

On a side-gaming note, costuming is very important to me. If I'm going to be watching a character for umpteen hours, I better like how they look... boy or girl. You don't need skin-tight clothes and a huge rack to look sexy. In Persona 3, Mitsuru, Aegis, Yukari, and Fuuka all looked pretty to me, and they weren't dressed "sexy" at all. I guess it's one of the reasons I kinda was disappointed with Burst Angel... the character designs and mecha were just kina... meh. It's the same reason most "guy" characters irriate me. They just look stupid. Now, I like how Gordon looks in Halflife, and how the Yellow Wizard looks in Gauntlet, and how Eddie Riggs looks in Brutal Legend, and how Junpei looks in P3, I even like how Bear and Silver Knight look in Dot-Hack... just most of the guy characters are forgetable, because they're... over machosized, or so metrosexual it's cringe inducing.))

((Samus Aran is kinda cool, I mean she definately fits in with the whole Space-Pirate-Amazon-Ninja-Catgirl theme (and mondo ultra cool bonus points for those who get the vague SPANC reference)... but she's no Lenneth Valkyrie. And, admitedly, part of that might be the fact it took Nintendo how long to give her a voice? Does Samus even have a voice yet? For me, without a doubt, hands down, the best, female lead character ever has been, and always will be Lenneth Valkyrie. Lenneth is just the best. Not only has she been one of the most impressive fighters I've ever seen, she has one of the hugest amounts of character development in a game. Not to mention she has one of the best supporting casts, hands down. All of which, help Lenneth prop herself up upon the ziggurat plateau of awesomeness.))

((Anyway, getting this back on track, one more week of not smoking. So, only about 20 more days till I hit the three month mark. And then I should have enough money saved up to buy the green silk needed for my costume.))
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(dont forget its becouse of samus that your favorite female game hero exists)
Its Just amazing how much money you save when your not buying cigerettes my uncle saved 300+ every two weeks after he quit
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
xxthalexx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the willpower. Ive been trying to quit for monthes. But I can never seem too do it. Any tips?
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10247
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Caroline. Preemptive congratulations on your three month mark, by the way. It should be down hill from there. And out of curiosity, what kind of costume are yuo making?
Ashton Gray
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline wrote:
((I liked Xenogears, don't get me wrong... and I understand your gripe about the change to the entire combat system in Xenosaga 2, but... I rather liked Xenosaga 2. And, I liked the fact that the costumes and whatnot got updated. Espeically for MOMO and Chaos... GAH! I couldn't stand chaos' old look. His newer look is just much better. And MOMO is growing up. Why shouldn't she wear clothes that match her age?))

I only post this to clarify what I meant, not to further derail your topic.

I meant more the characters' faces, not to mention their voices. Their changes in wardrobe I have no problem with, for the most part. Some of them I like more or less than others, but it's good overall. It's their facial and vocal changes I'm not so fond of. It's like they're someone completely different from the first game.

Now, back to your non-smoking topic. Congratulations on one more week of not smoking.
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also to answer your queston about samus getting a voice nintendo just been looking for the right voice actor for her and she will actually talk in metroid the other M
My FA
Kiala_Tiagra
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashton Gray wrote:
First of all, Xebulon, Mark Hamil is the only voice for the joker. THE ONLY VOICE. With the exception of Jack Nicholson, of course.

hmmm i take it you have played the arkham asylum batman game sir?

here is the other voice that can do joker, Heath Ledger (R.I.P)
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=197025#197025
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xxthalexx,

Get yourself a treat. But it has to be an expensive one. (Example: I'm saving up for Tenchi Muyo DVDs) Anýtime you don't buy your cigs, put the money into a the treat jar. Once the treat jar is full, you get the treat. It worked for me, but I think it helped that I made my own cigs too. Overall, you just can't chicken out and be a pansy. If you want to quit, quit. If you want to spend your life being wishy-washy, be wishy washy.

I know that sounded blunt... I don't tend to do compassion well.
Rune174
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, Lara Croft is a bit bland after awhile. Even I have'nt really found her attractive even when she first came out on the first Playstation system, and even the movies never really did any kind of justice to show off that beauty.

Samus Aran, who I did not even know was female at first, is a true heroine to her nature, at least in the SNES range that I knew her from as a bounty hunter fighting across the planet: Zebes. So she is a pretty good heroine for her time.

I actually find Yuna from FFX and X-2 really attractive in her own way. She has a kinder soul than most heroines, yet she has her own way of doing things for those who she cared about. Added along with her expressive features and attitude, she makes it look like it could be something everyone would love.
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, you guys, enough game talk. Caroline, the thread creator, has already said to stop derailing her thread. So make your own game talk thread if you want to continue, alright?
xxthalexx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline wrote:
Xxthalexx,

Get yourself a treat. But it has to be an expensive one. (Example: I'm saving up for Tenchi Muyo DVDs) Anýtime you don't buy your cigs, put the money into a the treat jar. Once the treat jar is full, you get the treat. It worked for me, but I think it helped that I made my own cigs too. Overall, you just can't chicken out and be a pansy. If you want to quit, quit. If you want to spend your life being wishy-washy, be wishy washy.

I know that sounded blunt... I don't tend to do compassion well.

Blunt works best. But that sounds like a great idea. Thank you
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10247
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Xeb, Sorry I missed this before. Bean is going to make me a dress of Suiseiseki, once I save up enough money to buy the green silk. I'm about 80% of the way there.))
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so awesome, Ms. Caroline! Lucky! Very Happy

I love her green dress; as well as Shinku's. ^w^

Are you planning to make a Suiseiseki's water can or planning to buy one? :3
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline wrote:
((Xeb, Sorry I missed this before. Bean is going to make me a dress of Suiseiseki, once I save up enough money to buy the green silk. I'm about 80% of the way there.))

Not a problem, Caroline. Though I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the character. Confused
Lidia_Apricot
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is from an Anime call "Rozen Maiden." A cool and funny anime. :3

Here's a picture of the characters in the Anime.

http://blocs.xtec.cat/anglesmallafre/files/2008/04/rozen_maiden_11.jpg

The one in the back, with the long, brown, hair is Suiseiseki.
xivk
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the ghost of games... What i am, all i will be
-Xivk
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF xivck
My FA
Xebulon
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, said the blind man to the deaf dog who wasn't listening anyways. Cute dress. Smile
Chaosengine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to know you've stuck with not smoking. It'll save you a butt load of money at least.

Oh and the SPANC reference, you mean the card game drawn by Phil Foglio or is it even more obscure than that?
Caroline
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Kiala, sorry I missed this before. I'm not sure if the "smoke" taste is gone or not... I guess as I smoked I just got used to it, and now that I'm not smoking I'm getting used to it not being there... maybe it takes time for the old taste buds to regenerate, if that makes any sense?

Chaosengine, yeppers. I've been a big fan of Phil Foglio for a long time. While SPANC kinda blew as a game, the whole idea of it was a hilarious success to me.))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Personal Stuff All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6