FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
Warrior fursonas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Warrior fursonas Reply with quote

There have been a couple of posts lately about fursonas with a violent past or a violent occupation. So instead of posting in several different fursona threads about this topic, I'd like to start a thread for people to express their views.

What is it that makes so many pick these types of fursonas? Is it because they are viewed as more cool and interesting than those who can't kill an enemy in 50 different ways? What inspired you to pick such a fursona? Did you have the story and setting of Bon Bon in mind when creating your fursona, or was it a character you've come up with earlier and wanted to introduce to PBB?

This is not meant as a thread to point fingers at anyone here. I know that I have voiced my opinion on these warrior types before in other threads, but I'd prefer to continue this here, rather than posting anything negative in people's fursona threads. So in case you have picked such a fursona and you're wondering why some may make a comment about your choice of occupation, this could be the place to find out why and give your own opinion.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
dragonfly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i did put my fursona down as a violent fighter in his past and he was going to have a job in a weapons shop but thincking about it i decided to change a few things now im still keeping his violent past but after the death of his twin brother then nealy getting killed himself he changed his ways after his brutal beating he is taken in to a rich and posh home where he is giveing a second chance at life so he learns how to play the piano and be a gentleman but he also trains in being a entertainer in secret then falls in love with his master's daughter but after her death on his 20th birthday he decides to leave london and his violent ways for good finally finding out about bon bon and its first rule he wants to just live in peace without any more pain.

and about the way he looks because of haveing one red eye and one blue eye and being taller and more muscled then the normal build of his species he was never aceptad for who he was in london but in bon bon no one cares what he looks like so he settles down in bon bon and gets a job in delight castle as a entertainer in dangerous stunts.

i hope this helps u understande link better even though my explanation was probably rubbish.

my FA http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkcollins/

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

ref pic of link the king cheetah http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7618854/
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I thought we had posted the same thing, but rather it seems we have posted two views on the same subject. You ask us why we chose a certain profession, while I ask if people really assume a person is violent because of a profession they had.

Anyways, there are actually several reasons behind Samuel's past as an assassin. Perhaps first is because it would be hard for me to accept killing a person irl. Why indulge in fiction if we still restrict ourselves to our real limitations? Next is an answer to a question that has no answer. Perhaps that sounds odd, but I'll explain. Almost all of my life I have struggled with some deeply rooted belief that I somehow need to repent for an unknown crime of my past. Perhaps this stems from strong Christian overtones as a major part of my childhood, but who knows. Third was to relate to his species. Tigers are carnivores and as such, why should he not be in a position to hunt?

That's all I have for now, but I suppose it should provide some interesting insight into what may otherwise seem a mundane detail.
Symphony
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
well i did put my fursona down as a violent fighter in his past and he was going to have a job in a weapons shop but thincking about it i decided to change a few things now im still keeping his violent past but after the death of his twin brother then nealy getting killed himself he changed his ways after his brutal beating he is taken in to a rich and posh home where he is giveing a second chance at life so he learns how to play the piano and be a gentleman but he also trains in being a entertainer in secret then falls in love with his master's daughter but after her death on his 20th birthday he decides to leave london and his violent ways for good finally finding out about bon bon and its first rule he wants to just live in peace without any more pain.

But why did you choose a violent past for your fursona in the first place? That's what I'm curious about. Was it because you don't think his background would have been interesting without it, or was it something else?

Shadow_Twisted wrote:

Anyways, there are actually several reasons behind Samuel's past as an assassin. Perhaps first is because it would be hard for me to accept killing a person irl. Why indulge in fiction if we still restrict ourselves to our real limitations? Next is an answer to a question that has no answer. Perhaps that sounds odd, but I'll explain. Almost all of my life I have struggled with some deeply rooted belief that I somehow need to repent for an unknown crime of my past. Perhaps this stems from strong Christian overtones as a major part of my childhood, but who knows. Third was to relate to his species. Tigers are carnivores and as such, why should he not be in a position to hunt?

Hmm, I'm not if I quite understand your reasoning as to why this made you choose a background as an assassin for your fursona. I'm sure that there are many other things in real life you wouldn't do, so why did your choice end up being influenced by your view on killing another person, and not by something completely different? I'm looking at this point separately for now, so that may be why I'm not quite understanding you.

I can't really comment on the second one, but the one about species I can understand. I too tend to associate certain types of professions with certain species, like the types of jobs a bull might have and such. So far there hasn't been anything in PBB that suggests that peopel really need to limit themselves in their choice of occupation because of their species, as we can see for example with the many different wolves, though it can of course be a nice touch.

Constance Mayflower's diary

The Mayflower Diaries
dragonfly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why i picked him to have this

well is twin who had looked normal was one of the things link hated about his life he also saw a lot of gang fights witch grabbed his attention as he got older he wanted to show people he was different so he got in to crime and fights just wanting to be the best at something as his brother allways was better at things then him so link didn't want to be like him and so joind a gang but his brother also joined but only to keep an eye on him witch only made link worse and more violent.

is this a better explanation or do u need some more info.

and no i didn't pick him to have a violent past because i wanted him to have a interesting past.

my FA http://www.furaffinity.net/user/linkcollins/

my fursona's details http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9362

ref pic of link the king cheetah http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7618854/
Shadow_Twisted
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, I didn't exactly state why an assassin specifically. Anyways, I gave him a violent past as more of a foundation. I've always felt the need to opt for the "right" thing, and so I wanted to give my fursona a reason for the same. Since I didn't really want to get to the point of having a fursona that I couldn't relate to, I kept true to some parts of my personality. However, I still wanted to go a little bit into fiction. Since a person's past can be kept secret in Bon Bon, it's almost an invitation to do whatever you want without dealing with consequence. Still, killing people can get you hunted, so who kills without being seen? An assassin. I also wanted to be wealthy, and so going with the assassin route also offered a means of being able to have access to wealth. Never underestimate the price people are willing to pay to have someone killed.
UltimaWolf0
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though not shown in appearances here, my character is descended from a noble house of knights and still are traditionally trained as such. Although no direct violence in the past, he was descended from a darker time. So, he's basically a noble, playboy, rich and a knight with a set of armor and a sword and shield.
xivk
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to put in at random, me character cant really fight physical. Buts pretty good messing with peoples head performing random acts. @_@

I am the ghost of games... What i am, all i will be
-Xivk
The Adept
Royal Member of BonBon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(edited)
http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9549&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
My FA
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theadept/
cheesecaked

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Fursona Lost his girlfreind, and his mind...

another words

"Here Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, heh,heh,heh, man i'm so lonely..."
Ice age 3 quote
My Fursona http://forums.pleasurebonbon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=100410#100410

How dare they use casment window designs,
it's so last century ಠ_ರೃ
◕ ◡ ◕
"I'm gonna miss all the things we'll never do.
I just can't believe you left me here alone,
How in this world can I make it on my own?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PleasureBonBon Forum -> PleasureBonBon.com Fursonas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1